Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cults and cons

Take a look at this: http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/italy/090717/vatican-investigates-legionaries-christ.

It's about a Catholic Church sect under fire for corruption, including abusing and brainwashing followers.

I saw this today. Coincidentally yesterday I watched a video of actor Jason Beghe talking about his experiences with Scientology and why he left.

Seems Scientology and the Legionaries of Christ have something in common. Beghe wold use the word "con."

My mind is boggled by what I've read about these two religions/cults. I wonder how people can be so fooled. I also wonder if I could be conned. Mostly I wonder, though, how can you figure out who to believe.

A search into people's beliefs doesn't necessarily make things more clear.

1 comment: